Tuesday, September 14, 2010

3-2-1 Blast Off!

Finally! I completed my first ever Rocket Ship Growth Chart! It started from a simple idea, sparked by some fabulous fabric from Michael Miller that became this shirt.


So I toyed with the idea for a bit, for months actually. I wanted a chart that could be easily transferred, stored and shipped - fabric. I wanted a chart that could capture everything - 1' to 6' tall. I wanted the Rocket Ship to move (but not get lost or eaten) - velcro and ribbon. After that it was just a matter of detail, which I am still tweaking. It has been quite a process, hours upon hours of digitizing the embroideries, tweaking them, stitching it out, marking the scale, testing fabric markers, ironing, photographing, photographing again (and again and again). This Rocket Ship will go to its new home soon, but the item is up in my shop and available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment