Monday, July 26, 2010

Upcycled, Recycled, Reclaimed, Pre-loved

No matter what you want to call them, it all means the same thing. And here is why I love pre-loved clothing, especially for kids.

  1. It's a good investment. Let's face it, most kids outgrow clothes long before the clothes are worn out. By taking secondhand finds and making them into new products, I can provide unique handmade items at a lower price. And that means more people get to Support the Handmade Movement!
  2. It feels good. The clothes are softer. The chemicals have been washed out over and over again. Soft baby clothes for soft baby skin.
  3. It's good for the environment. Keep passing it around and keep it out of the trash.

All this week I am posting upcycled shirts and onesies with fun appliques or your choice of monograms, both for gift giving and general wear. Please note that I carefully inspect all items for wear-beyond-repair.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with that pre-loved clothes are extra soft. I buy a lot of my son's clothes at "second-hand" stores... well, I would prefer to call them "pre-loved" now. Thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, yes! Preloved is good! There are all kinds of ways you can change up already used clothes and they're so inexpensive too!

    ReplyDelete