Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Success - Newly Redefined

After hitting 30 this past week, I've been thinking about "success". I felt very successful walking in from the garden with a bowl full of fresh greens for dinner in one hand and a laundry basket full of clean cloth diapers last week. At this realization, I then started to mentally rack up my achievements for the day.

  • Did not panic when Lil Hoot fell and had her first owie of toddlerhood. I handled it with poise, simply wiping away the tears and the bit of blood until she completely forgot it had happened.
  • Made it to pick up dog food from the pet store, get groceries and still get home in time for Lil Hoot to take her morning nap.
  • Successfully navigated (ok, muddled) my way through the advanced settings on my domain name
  • Finished a custom dress for the cutest little client
  • Walked Lil Hoot and the dog
  • Did two loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the dishes and made a homemade dinner including a new recipe
  • Ate a salad from my very own organic garden
Of course, there are other days when my list of achievements would be much simpler, but in the end, I am content with my place in life yet still striving daily for more. This is my definition of success, it may not work for others but it works for me. Feeling so rewarded from so many small things is truly bliss. Thank you Lord for granting me so many blessings!

Don't forget - the Ode to Crayons Giveaway ends tonight!

1 comment:

  1. It's all the little things that make us happy! The big things "happiness" are usually short lived.

    Have a blessed day!

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com
    <><

    ReplyDelete