Monday, July 19, 2010

Toddler Shortalls

It continued to be a challenging week but thanks to a friend I was still able to get some sewing done. I have lots of fabric cut for clothing and this pair of shortalls was at the top of my stack. Lil Hoot decided she didn't wish to model the vintage pair of pink Garanimals upon which I based my design...so this is the best shot:

I honestly didn't change much from the original style-wise. I kept the ruffles on the straps because I feel they add a touch of whimsy. I used a smaller button that matched better with the polka dots, but otherwise I kept true to the original. I made several modifications regarding construction of the garment but I will spare you those boring details.

I used Aqua Dot fabric by Michael Miller and enlarged the pattern slightly to fit 24m/2T. I can provide specific measurements to anyone concerned about fit. Additional sizes are available upon request. On sale in my shop now as Aqua Polka Dot Shortalls.

1 comment:

  1. These are so adorable Charity. You are so creative and so talented! (oh and your daughter is pretty cute too*)

    ReplyDelete