Monday, July 12, 2010

Outside Circumstances

Sometimes, no matter how I try, things do not go the way I have planned. I'm not in charge of the universe though (thankfully) so I have to roll with the punches. I haven't any new products completed to show you this week, despite my best efforts because my brand spankin' new machine is in the shop. I will spare you the details but it should be back in a few days, or I will be getting another machine to replace it. In the meantime I'm cutting patterns like a storm and working with my old machine on current orders.

I also have the unfortunate experience of poison ivy on my forearm (don't worry the oils are gone and it is no longer contagious). I have never had it before and we aren't exactly sure how I got it this time. I pulled some weeds all over the yard last week but we have looked all over and have not found anything that looks poisonous. It could be that Hoot Dog wandered through some on a recent walk, so he got a bath last night just in case. (He was none to pleased.) Big Hoot has it too but only on his ears. (How odd is that?) So far so good for Lil Hoot.

Oh, but for my birthday I received two awesome presents - a new laptop from Big Hoot, which means you all will be seeing a lot more embroidery options in the near future! And a cutting table from my mom, which means a lot fewer back aches and no more cutting on the floor. I can't wait to show you all the new items I have planned - look for lots of new clothes coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Two great birthday gifts!!! Congrats on both!

    Poison ivy...eeeew! I had it many years ago, really bad and am no longer alergic. Thank goodness!

    Hope the Hoots heal fast!


    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so jealous! I'm still doing a lot of cutting on the floor... ouch! Enjoy your new laptop and cutting table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the new template is very cute, as are the header changes. you've been busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies - the gifts are awesome. The laptop arrived yesterday and I'm having problems pulling away.

    @QGG - I have been busy, but I've still got more to do. The never-ending to-do list!

    ReplyDelete