Thursday, October 7, 2010

Barnyard Days

I hope you all didn't miss me too much on Tuesday. Big Hoot has been working long hours and all this sole-parenting to Lil' Hoot has been wearing me out! Since Big Hoot had to work the weekend Lil' Hoot and I decided to head down to see my family and attend Barnyard Days on Saturday morning.

Barnyard Days is an arts & crafts festival along with entertainment, a petting zoo, horse rides, antique tractors, etc. True to its name, it's held in and around the barns of the Circle R Ranch just north of Neosho, MO. Here's a little peek at our trip:
Petting Horses

Feeding Goats

Balloon Flower
I also discovered that Lil' Hoot isn't so fond of clowns. The Balloon artist was dressed as a clown and she was fine with him from afar. Then he went to give her the flower and tears ensued.
She was quite fond of the flower bracelet though.

And my find of the day...

Blue Mountain Woodworks

It's a father-son venture located in the Ozarks (Timbo, Arkansas). They use native Ozarkian wood to create beautiful pieces - the cutting boards, bowls & cups that you see above as well as custom-made furniture. I am lucky enough to be receiving a beautiful cutting board for Christmas this year. (Thanks Mom!) And guess what else folks - they have an Etsy shop!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueMtnWoodworks

They are still new to Etsy and I have lobbied Paul to get some bowls and cups in the shop for Christmas purchases, but stop by and show them some handmade-love! And if you are in the area, check them out at the War Eagle Craft Fair in Hindsville, AR next week.


3 comments:

  1. I hate clowns too! It looks like you two had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was secretly kinda glad she didn't like the clown since I don't like them either. No clowns at our house for birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm definitely going to check out the blue mountain woodworks. The shirts looked so great on you both! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete