Messenger-style Camera Bag
This bag was made for our photographer. She requested messenger style with a few pockets. I measured her camera and accessories then got to work sketching it out. I can't remember how many times I re-worked those measurements! I reviewed every tutorial I could find for building a camera bag and camera bag insert. There was one thing I disliked about most of them - the 'padding' was simply a double layer of batting, at best. And I'm sorry, but a camera that costs a few thousand dollars needs more protection!
So I set to work with 1" foam instead. It was certainly not the easiest thing to do - all the seam allowances were more challenging, getting the foam to stay in place, lining up the pockets, etc. In the end I tried everything to get the foam to stop shifting and I hope it worked. I glued the edges to add some stability and did quite a bit of hand sewing to tack everything in its place.
It seemed like such a simple idea - take one of my regular bag designs and add foam. Ha! I don't think there will be a next time around for this bag.