Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trick or Treat

Better late than never, right? Well, as you know, I made a lady bug costume for Lil' Hoot, but...the day before Halloween we were wandering around the Cracker Barrel store and found the cutest little costume half off. I showed it to Big Hoot who absolutely insisted that it was perfect for Lil' Hoot. She was even happily wearing the hat to go with it (which was very short lived).

So later that day I was a bit mopey that my daughter wouldn't be wearing a single thing for Halloween that I had made, when it hit me - she didn't have a Trick or Treat bag! You have to have a place to stash you sweets, right? Of course!


I went to my closet and found the only black fabric I had available - black satin (ugh), reclaimed from an old bridesmaid's dress of mine. I jumped on my computer and whipped up a simple embroidery and this is the result...


It needs some cat ears to go with the tail but I just ran out of time. Next year hopefully I'll think of the bag sooner rather than later. In any event, it was just her size and perfect for storing her treats. She also found it handy for toting around other things...like little people, which if you think about the bag as being a cat...is kinda funny.









No comments:

Post a Comment