What do you do with all those stubby ends of sidewalk chalk? Why make paint of course!
- Round up the chalk pieces and separate them by color. (Good sorting activity)
- Put the pieces in a bag and beat them with a rubber mallet until they are nothing but power. (Aaaaahhh, stress relief.)
- Put the chalk powder into a spare container. I suggest something you can devote to this purpose because ours are stained.
- Add water. Go easy. You can always add more but you can't take it away.
- Stir it up, then start painting.
We noticed that it really does need to be pulverized into a powder. If your broken up chalk is still chunking then you won't get a really vivid paint.